Thursday, July 7, 2011

Duna Maraton 2011

Together with my team we thought that it's the time to race a bit outside Romania.
Duna Maraton, which is the biggest hungarian marathon was a good idea so we've registered and took the chance. It is also included in the "Intersport MTB Marathons" series with Salzkammergut Marathon from Austria and Stupava Trophy in Slovakia. Also for the hungarian riders this race counted for the national marathon championships.
As I am not a marathon
fan, I've went to the short distance, which suited me better, being similar to a XCO race.
This was the second time I have raced @ Duna Marathon after my first time in 2004. It's a long time since then. The course changed but it was fun. We had a very fast road climb but after that getting on the offroad I've felt like the fish into the water.
The course was fast but with technical descends that
put the smile on my face.
I have finished 9th overall and 3rd at my age category so coming back home with a medal is a good thing.
Thanks again to to Maros Sport for all the support but also to the other sponsors and partners:Ashima, Continental, Cratoni, Syntace, Joe's No Flats, Xpedo, Adidas Eyewear,Sapim,Thule,Grip Grab, Rest Wise, VDO, KMC Chains, Power Cordz, Kool Stop, Zakudo andBuff. Thanks a lot for reading and next time hope you'll read better news.

You can find some more photos HERE.

A post about the last race, Surmont MTB Challenge will come soon.

Stay tuned,
Vlad

No comments:

Post a Comment