Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Clujul Pedaleaza - City Night Stage


Last week end, Saturday to Sunday, happened the Night Stage from the local championship called "Clujul Pedaleaza". For me was something new, because the was my first race on tarmac, in the night and with the mountainbike.I've fitted my Continental Sport Contact tires so the rolling resistance was minimum and I had an awesome grip. Now I am confident that these tires are the best for road riding/racing for a mountainbike. Super fast, great acceleration and awesome gripy on corners and pavement.
The start was at 1 A.M. so it was pretty strange for me as at 11PM usually I am already sleeping. I felt like a zombie.

The start was fast, the race even faster. We had 10 laps of 2.7km rolling with a 31km/h avg speed and a maximum speed of 60km/h. I am not used with this, but was nice. We had a lot of spectators on the track considering the hour when the race took place.

I felt pretty good, from the start to the end I was in the leading group, but as I am not a brilliant sprinter, I've finished 4th at 2 seconds behind the winner.
I would like to congratulate my team mate Tudor which finished 3rd.

Thanks again to to Maros Sport for all the support but also to the other sponsors and partners:Ashima, Continental, Cratoni, Syntace, Joe's No Flats, Xpedo, Adidas Eyewear, Sapim,Thule,Grip Grab, Rest Wise, VDO, KMC Chains, Power Cordz, Kool Stop, Zakudo and Buff. Thanks a lot for reading and next time hope you'll read better news.

More photos will come, updating this post with a link to the gallery.

For me and some of my team will come a free week end and after that the Duna Marathon, near Budapest.

Cheers,
Vlad

No comments:

Post a Comment