Friday, July 22, 2011

Surmont MTB Challenge


I was for the first time in Azuga, a very beautiful resort located at the foot of the Bucegi Mountains, an are that can offer a lot of fun in the summer but also in the winter with the longest ski run in Romania, called Sorica.

Arriving there the day before the race, me and my team mates decided to take a run on the last part of the course.
Was a bit to hot outside and drinking cold spring water caused me a flu that worsened over the days and today, almost two weeks after hits the apogee.

The course was very challenging, a lot of singletrail, uphill on a flooded road, a lot of pushbike, but for me was the end of the beginning. I was feeling week and I couldn't keep a fast pace on the climbs even if I've enjoyed the downhills a lot.

I have finished 5th at the medium distance but I was far from the fettle that I had last weeks.

But the good thing is that I had the chance to ride the new Conti Mountain King 2.2 Race Sport and I must say that is a great tire. You will see soon a review.

Thanks again to to Maros Sport for all the support but also to the other sponsors and partners:Ashima, Continental, Cratoni, Syntace, Joe's No Flats, Xpedo, Adidas Eyewear,Sapim,Thule,Grip Grab, Rest Wise, VDO, KMC Chains, Power Cordz, Kool Stop, Zakudo and Buff. Thanks a lot for reading and next time hope you'll read better news.

I will come back again with some news regarding the National Champs.

More photos from Azuga: HERE

Dreaming for better days,
Vlad

No comments:

Post a Comment