Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Medias Marathon

Hello,

I am coming back later again after the race but I had my own reasons.

For me this was my 4th time racing here. I know pretty well the course so I though that it will be easier, but wasn't like that. We got up (again) at 5 a.m. and went at Medias. Got earlier so I had time to warm up properly and get at the start line.




Had a good start and my legs felt good, even if I was a bit tired. Was really hot, about 30 degrees Celsius. I had a lot of liquids and got some water at the last check point and I give some to another rider and on the last climb I remained without water. As the water problem wasn't enough, my left leg block and I was unable to stay with the front riders and in the last 10 km I've lost about 6 minutes. I've struggled to stay in front but only with one leg, was pretty hard. I've pushed the limit on the last descend but wasn't enough to get back some time. So I've finished 6th after leading the race more than 40km.


It's really frustrating, but I have to pass over. I'll take 2 weeks racing break and I'll try to recover and get back in shape for the next races.

Thanks for all the support and congrats to Tudor, my team mate, who finished 2nd at the same distance as me, the 50km. Thanks for the photos that I got from the organizers web site.

Thanks again to my sponsors. Without them I couldnt get here: Cannondale Bikes, Maros Sport, Ashima, Continental, Syntace, Selle Italia, VDO, Sapim, Adidas Eyewear, Xpedo, 661, Buff, Sram, Kool Stop and DT Swiss. Also I must thank to: my parents, Simona, Gabee, Eli, and to everyone who supports me

Wish you all the best and hope to get back on the podium soon.

Vlad

Free Web Counters

Locations of visitors to this page