Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Concordia Cup

Hi again folks,

I am sorry that I didn't had time to write about my every race but I still have two exams and I had to push hard to keep my scholarship.

On the 6th of June I've race near Lugoj, at the Concordia Cup. This was the 14th edition of the race. I always have fun there because there are a lot of nice guys and I really appreciate what they do for local mountain biking.

I went to Lugoj with my team mates Eli and Oli. We had a great sleep in the tent. I was really missing sleeping in the tent as it's really relaxing. We were lucky and had a nice spot close to the course.

Even if my major opponents were my team mates, there were more talented and fast riders. Lucky me, even with all the mud on the course and the hight temperatures I managed to lead half of the race with my team mate Eli, but I've lost the 1st place after a silly mistake. Due to that I wasn't fresh and fast enough to catch him. In the last lap I felt that my batteries are over so I tried to keep my second place and I've did it.

I had a nice surprise to see that Oli, the other team mate, came third, so it was a team.marossport.ro podium.
Regarding me I have to admit that I don't feel strong enough, due to some knee problems, but I hope that I'll get stronger. The bike went really nice and I didn't had to much problems with the mud even if I was running a 2.3 Continental Speed King Supersonic tires. On the push bike zones I didn't had what to do, as everyone was pushing, but on the descends everything was supersmooth.

I would like to say a thank you to Maros Sport for making this trip possible but also to the other sponsors and partners: Cannondale, Ashima, Continental, Cratoni, Syntace, Joe's No Flats, Xpedo, Adidas Eyewear, Sapim, Thule, Grip Grab, Novatec, VDO, Zakudo, KMC, Buff and Project 312.

Some photos from there race can be found HERE

See you soon*,
Vlad


*soon meaning in a few minutes when I come back with the race report for Balaton MTB Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment