Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lornion Trofe UCI C3 - Chocolate mud

This race was counting as the 2nd race for the Romanian Gran Prix. I hopped for a nice race, as I really like the course (the dry version). We got in Mures a day before the race. We had enough time to test the course and the tires. The last half of the course was practicable even if it was still a bit muddy. So I told my self that if it won't rain, I will stay on my Conti Mountain King 2.2 tires. I was thinking even at Race King 2.2 on rear.

But I wasn't lucky this time either. It was poring rain the night before the race so I couldn't escape what I was afraid of. I've put the Conti Cross Country 1.5 tires on and I've praid to stay on the bike as much as possible. We had 4 laps to do. To many considering that almost all the race you had to run or to get off the mud.

First half of the race was pretty ok. I was feeling pretty well even when I was running. After that I had some crashes and I've found out that muddy gloves and gripshifters is not a really good combination. So half of the race I was single speed (maybe a good choice if you don't have all the cogs, derraileurs, shifters and rings). The last lap was awful for me. I had some derraileur problems and I was the last one that wasn't catched by the leader.

I am really dissapointed by the way I've raced and I now I am focusing on the things that must be improved no matter what. My team mates Eli and Tudor didn't had the best race of their life either but Oli managed to had the best run and to finish 2nd. Congratulations for that. I am really proud! Also our yougest team member, Sergiu Paraschiv won at Junior Hobby Race. I've finished 10th in general ranking, but as I told you, I am not happy at all.

Now I'll have 3 weeks for training and resting and I hope to be enough to get a better shape for the upcomming events.

I also would like to say a big thank you to Titi for the accomodation, to Levy for the photos, to Mury for help at the feed zone, to everyone who ecouraged me even if I was riding like a pickled cucumber.

I would like to say a thank you to Maros Sport for making this trip possible but also to the other sponsors and partners: Cannondale, Ashima, Continental, Cratoni, Syntace, Joe's No Flats, Xpedo, Adidas Eyewear, Sapim, Thule, Grip Grab, Novatec, VDO, Zakudo, KMC and Buff.

See you soon,
Vlad

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work ! you will be in front the next time !

    ReplyDelete