Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cluj Winter Race 2009

Cluj Winter Race celebrated the 4th anniversary. I've managed to organize it again, to race it, but not to win it. Well, this is one of the races where I am not disappointed, because I organize it. This year year was even harder for me because I was almost alone. My team mates Eli and Tudor helped me before the race a bit, and in the race morning more riders helped to mark the course, to put the banners and so on.


Also my dad helped me with the barbecue and also got some photographers on the course and cameraman's.

Another novelty was the think that this was the first race ever in Romanian history where a television came and transmitted a short live coverage ! So history was made on the 5th of December, for me and for the rest of 50 riders !

In the last 2 days, before the race I've slept 3 hours/night, and in the race day I didn't had an XC race... was more like a duathlon, running from 8am, until 11:30.

I was leading the race 5 laps out of 7. But in the last 2 laps I was so smoked out that I've lost 10 minutes on my team mates. The last lap was made only to finish the race.
Finished 6th, but with the smile on the face, because the race came out well, and we didn't have any major crashes. But my team mate Oli won and Eli was 2nd. Congrats guys !

I was happy that some friends of mine where there to see me and to encourage me. Next time I will organize the thing long before the race so they can whach me winning. I would like to say a big thank you to my girlfriend who was there and cheered up for me.

Bellow I also have a movie made by On-Board.ro. When I'll have more movies I'll post here.



Now I am trying to recover, because the lack of sleep seems that is still present. I will finish some projects for the school and continue the training for the 2010 season. I have to focus also on school to keep my scholarship, wich for me is important.

Now I am the image of another Winter Race, which is making me really happy. CLICK HERE to see it.

As the park where the race was hold, was dirty, in the spring I am planning to make an clean-up action, so the people enjoy the green space and the bikers to ride easier.

I also wanna thank you to my sponsors and partners: Cannondale Bikes, Maros Sport, Ashima, Continental, Syntace, VDO, Sapim, Adidas Eyewear, Xpedo, Buff, Kool Stop and my new sponsors Joe's No Flats, Grip Grab, KMC Chains, Thule and Cratoni

The photo gallery can be found HERE.

Thank you once again for helping me organize the race, for racing, and even for watching.

Take care you guys !

Cheers,
Vlad

*articles in the Romanian On line press ->Clon.ro
*Other photos on Picasa: click HERE and HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment