Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Trofeul Tampa - Romanian GP

I am coming back with a short story from the last race that was included in the Romanian XC Gran Prix.

We went there Saturday morning for Poiana Brasov but as our roads are agglomerated we arrived there at 2PM. We had a little snack and we got on the bikes to see the race course. Then I had the first surprise: there where a lot of people having a barbecue... I know that it was Saturday, but it was looking like a barbecue world cup not like a Romanian Gran Prix Race ! For God sake, in this way we can't be healthy and with good sports results !

Being sick to stay there in that smoke, I've decided to see the race course, but again I had a surprise. It was the course where the National CX Champs took place last year, really light modified.... "not to have our life in danger" but wtf it was like a road race with 5 small ditches a few roots and a few small rocks. I think that if you really wanna make a good course you must be really dedicated, not to get only the registration money and not to offer a glass of water ! Anyway...

Got back at our place, changed our clothes and had for a small walk in Poiana Brasov then we had the dinner.

Sunday morning we got up, but knowing that is gonna be a road race in the woods I wasn't in the mood.
I had a good warm up, and also a good start, but after that more roadies past me. For me my objective was to finish the race to get in the top 5 in Romanian Gran Prix, which I've succeded
I tried to keep a constant time on each lap, but in the last one I was pretty tired so I wasn't able to keep it all the way.

After the hard days in my family's life now I am trying to get back on the path to keep training and progress because this is the only way to get better.

This week end my and Eli will race at Banat MTB Marathon and I hope to enjoy the race.
For all the support I would like to say a thank you to Maros Sport but also to the other sponsors and partners: Cannondale, Ashima, Continental, Cratoni, Syntace, Joe's No Flats, Xpedo, Adidas Eyewear, Sapim, Thule, Grip Grab, Novatec, VDO, Zakudo, KMC and Buff.
Also I would like to say a big thank you to Simona and everyone that encouraged me during the whole week end not only in the race.

More photos HERE

Cheers,
Vlad

No comments:

Post a Comment